Anxiety disorders are mental illnesses that are defined by feelings of worry, anxiety and fear. If you find that you are suffering from obsessive thoughts, pain attacks, inevitable worries or crippling phobias then that means you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety disorders.
However, you don't need to worry because effective anxiety treatments are available to resolve this problem. If you are a citizen of Australia then to a piece of good luck there are many psychiatrists that provide online psychiatry to regional Australia and depression anxiety treatments to the people of Australia.
Image Source: Google
But, before that you should know about the various types of anxiety disorders and their symptoms that we have discussed here.
Types of anxiety disorders
1. General Anxiety Disorders
This is the most common type of anxiety that is characterized by chronic tension and anxiety. People suffering from GAD feel relentless due to unspecified worries for everything, without reason. Various issues related to GAD are: –
- Fatigue and low energy levels
- The muscles of the neck, back and shoulders are tense
- Problems in focusing on any task
GAD is a common problem with people who have panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
A phobia is a strong fear of something when someone feels the immediate danger of unusual things. People who suffer from phobias often feel ashamed because they know that their fears are unwarranted. The main causes associated with phobias are: –
- Endless or excessive fear of certain events or situations
- Feeling tense and anxious immediately when you face the subject of your phobia
- Effects on routine life because of fear
- Powerlessness to control fear